We work alongside Gas Safe and are proud to support Gas Safety Week.
Gas Safety Week is an annual safety week to raise awareness of Gas Safety and the importance of taking care of your gas appliances. It is coordinated by Gas Safe Register, the official list of gas engineers who are legally allowed to work on gas.
Badly fitted and poorly serviced gas appliances can cause gas leaks, fires, explosions and carbon monoxide poisoning. Every year thousands of people across the UK are diagnosed with carbon monoxide poisoning. It is a highly poisonous gas. You can’t see it, taste it or smell it, but it can kill quickly with no warning.
By taking care of your gas appliances properly you are taking care of your home and your loved ones.
Follow these few simple checks to keep you and your family safe.
Gas appliances should be safety checked once a year and serviced regularly by a Gas Safe registered engineer. Tenants make sure your Landlord arranges this. Set a reminder so you don’t forget at www.staygassafe.co.uk.
You can find and check an engineer at www.GasSafeRegister.co.uk or call 0800 408 5500
Make sure they are qualified for the work you need doing. You can find this information on the back of the card.
Check for warning signs your appliances aren’t working correctly e.g. lazy yellow or orange flames instead of crisp blue ones, black marks on or around the appliance and too much condensation in the room.
Recognise the six signs of carbon monoxide poisoning – headaches, dizziness, breathlessness, nausea, collapse and loss of consciousness.
This will alert you if there is carbon monoxide in your home.